Thursday 19 November 2015

Saved by the Scream

Have you ever listened as a body screams? It stops being able to function properly and that’s when you need to take action.
Sometimes we are attune with how our body speaks to us however many people push their boundaries until a little voice in their head screams STOP. We react by collapsing into a chair, going to sleep or slowing down whatever we are doing until we are revitalized in some way.

For the past couple of months I had had to deal with a number of issues and since returning to Bali I had been burning the candle at both ends. I needed to have someone’s hands massaging, pulling, stretching and pummeling me to renew my aching body.

Taman Beji Traditional Spa in Jalan Premasanthi 14 Pengosekan Ubud Bali is a little off the track and that’s what makes it special as the attention and treatment you get is first class.


It was at this spa that I got an opportunity to feel whole again. What more can anyone ask!

After deciding on my treatment from a wide array of choices I chose the 60 minute Balinese massage. I had a smell of all the oils then decided on the Boreh Spice (ground spices mixed with oil). It smelt wonderful.


I was led into a single room however there are also double rooms and a reflexology room within this establishment as well.


My massage therapist placed on the massage table a sarong for me to change into and a smallish aluminum box with a change of pants hair clip, comb, and sarong tie.

   
Once I had changed I enjoyed having my feet washed, massaged then dried.
This was followed by the first part of the Balinese massage that consists of a
full body, deep tissue treatment. This treatment involves gentle stretches, acupressure, reflexology and aromatherapy to stimulate energy points around 
the body.



Developed on the island of Bali, Balinese massage has been influenced by a
range of traditional Asian healing systems.

Once my legs had been massaged I enjoyed a wonderful ,much needed
back massage then onto my front for the completion stage.

All in all, I felt like many of you do when you have a massage, you never want
it to end. Another hour please….


When all was said and done, I was handed a towel and shown to the outside door of the room leading me to a large, rainwater shower, It was wonderful to feel the effects of being outdoors with the cooling breezes and greenery and experiencing the contrasting hot water raining down on my body.


Once dressed I enjoyed a drink of Jamu, specially made on the premises. (Jamu
is a traditional herbal medicine found throughout Indonesia that is heavily influenced by Ayurveda and is made predominently from natural plant ingredients)..

Don’t get to the stage that your body screams, enjoy a relaxing and revitalising time at Taman Beji Traditional Spa it’s a must for everyone. Whether you want an hour or more, your body will thank you in the end.

A member of the Bali Tourist Card, don’t go past this place it really is special and staff are fabulous.



















No comments:

Post a Comment