Monday 31 August 2015

My Feet Thank You: A Blissful Foot Massage to Remember

I had been neglecting myself for sometime and my feet were an absolute mess. No truly, they were dried, cracked and my skin was flakey. If I had been thinking, I would have taken the before and after shots of my feet because what a transformation and a fabulous hour spent making me feel wonderful, at The Shampoo Lounge in Seminyak.

When owner Shierley Koval invited me to sample their new building extension and service, I jumped at the opportunity. The Shampoo Lounge is well known in Bali and beyond for providing excellence as a spa, hairdressing and barber salon.

A walk through this modern salon or via a yellow door on the side of the building leads you into the new extension. A stucco interior of exposed brick and plaster it is quite different to the existing build. Cleverly designed, a shower nozzle provides a good stream of warm or hot water for the beautiful copper foot bowls and staff just pull the plug for the water to disappear. Ergonomically fabulous, staff no longer need to carry these heavy bowls of water to service clients.



Old-fashioned rattan chairs are presented for your seating comfort and allow you to relax as your therapist takes  control so you can enjoy your foot massage reflexology   session.


Before commencing my treatment I was offered tea or coffee  and given a bottle of water to drink. My feet were then placed  in a bowl of warm water and the honey, milk, salt scrub I had  chosen was applied up and down my legs to get the blood  circulating and make my legs super smooth, like a  baby’s bottom.   


Foot massage or reflexology is an incredible healing force  that can improve circulation, reduce stress and anxiety, headaches, lower blood pressure, alleviate chronic fatigue  and more, so I knew that I would benefit from this. 

When the scrub was washed away and legs and feet dried, dead skin was removed with an abrasive paddle and alcohol was sprayed onto the area to
sanitize it, before almond oil was rubbed all over and I relaxed and enjoyed a fabulous foot massage.


             

My foot massage therapist was fantastic. Constantly asking if the pressure was right, answering any questions about product I posed and when she didn’t know, she asked other staff who were able to assist.

Blissfully relaxed the treatment continued with a foot mask. A creamy white paste created from a sweet fruit known as Bengkuang that has Vitamin E properties, was painted onto my legs then we had to wait for this dry. Moving from my feet, Yuni my therapist, started to massage my head, neck and shoulder. I really hoped that this foot mask took a good long time to dry, as I didn’t want this other massage to stop, it was sooo… good.  

After wiping the foot mask off with a wet cloth another surprise awaited me. I dipped my feet in the copper bowl of warm water to discover a mélange of colourful flowers.  The treatment was coming to an end and as the finale, the Aloe Vera lotion was rubbed along my legs and feet.


For anyone visiting or living in Bali, this is a fabulous foot treatment that I highly recommend. You will walk out wishing that it could have gone on for another hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment